The vision of RL Kids is to transform the world by being a valuable partner to parents in our mission to grow children who love, obey, and serve God with all their heart, soul, mind and strength.
Birth – Kindergarten
Spark is all about one thing- showing the love of Jesus to every child. Our trusted leaders create an experience of God’s unconditional love in all we do. For our infants and toddlers, that can be a comforting touch. As they get older, we share with them age-appropriate lessons that illustrate God’s amazing character. In order to love, obey and serve God, you must first know God and that begins in Spark.
1st – 3rd Grade
Knowing God is the spark that can start a spiritual fire in children. Ignition happens when children develop a belief in Jesus Christ. And as a result, children’s lives completely change. The way we help with that ignition is through a personal introduction to the life of Jesus. We spend very intentional time not only chronicling his life, but we also learn from those who answered his calling to share the Good News with everyone. When children know Jesus, understand his mission for us and see God’s favor on those doing the good things planned by Him, they are ready to begin the discovery of God’s unique ability given to them.
4th – 5th Grade
Thanks to the generosity of those participating in our Impact campaign, we were able to begin Warehouse 45, a ministry designed specifically for students in 4th and 5th grade. Our goal to present the Bible in a way that is relevant to preteens in their stage of life and create an experience that allows each child to grow personally in his/her faith. With a volunteer base made up of adults and High School/Middle School students, once a child graduates from Warehouse 45, they will begin school and Crave with a friend base already established.
Exploring God’s Word
Our desire is that every child will fall in love with the Word of God. Whether an infant, a preteen or somewhere in between, we will be intentional with each moment, introducing Bible stories in an age-appropriate way and helping kids apply that teaching to their lives.
• Preschoolers receive a “First Look” at God’s Word through fun and interactive Bible teaching. Your preschooler will learn that God loves them, God made them and Jesus wants to be their friend forever.
• Kindergarten–3rd graders have the opportunity each week to explore God’s Word through interactive Bible study and a worship experience. Each month your child will learn a “Life App”—a virtue that is taught by exploring the definition of the virtue along with key Bible stories that help them discover Jesus and reflect His character to the world around them.
• 4th & 5th graders participate in interactive Bible study in Warehouse 45, an area where preteens have the opportunity to dig deeper into God’s Word. They will learn the monthly “Life App”—a virtue that is taught by exploring the definition of the virtue along with key Bible stories that help them discover Jesus and reflect His character to the world around them. As your child matures, our hope is to meet his or her needs with an experience that will truly challenge them and help them to own their faith.
Experiencing God’s Love
Church should be a place where a child can experience love in a way that can happen nowhere else. This is a safe place where every child knows they matter to us and they matter to God. We will help kids understand just how much God loves them and how they can respond to that amazing love.
• Safe and Secure—We provide safe, clean spaces that are staffed with trained and equipped volunteers along with a secure check-in system.
• Relationships Matter—We strive to provide a place where your child is able to build small group relationships with both their leaders and their peers.
Partnering With Parents
• Our mission is urgent. By the time your children turn 18 and start preparing to leave your home and start their adult life, they will have spent only 936 weeks with you. We consider every one of those weeks to be an opportunity to form their spiritual foundation.
• Take a look at what they bring home. For each age group, there are handouts that go home with your child. These provide information on what your child learned that day, tools to help them study God’s Word, and ways for you to reinforce the lesson at home and help them apply what they have learned in their daily lives.